Landlord Ready Landlord Services Bradford

Energy Performance Certificates

The surveyor will produce your Energy Performance Certificate using an iPad with instant results sent via email.

What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) provides potential buyers and tenants with an indication of the energy efficiency of a property. The certificate will contain information about the property’s typical energy costs and will recommend ways to reduce energy use to make the property more energy efficient.

First introduced in 2007 as part of the now-abolished Home Information Pack, an energy performance rating is necessary for properties being sold or rented in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

In 2012 EPCs were updated and simplified to support the Green Deal, making up part of its assessment. The Green Deal was introduced to help homeowners make energy-saving improvements to their property. The EPC is valid for ten years and the survey of the property will usually take between 45 minutes and an hour.

Energy Performance Certificates are regulated by the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulation 2012 and the survey is conducted by Domestic Energy Assessors.

The EPC turned 10 years old in August 2017, meaning that homeowners thinking of selling their homes should check their energy performance rating is still valid, as they will not be able to sell their home without one.

From April 2018, the regulations surrounding the Energy Performance Certificate are changing. Changes will affect both the commercial EPCs and residential EPCs within the private rented sector and will mean that the minimum energy efficiency standard for non-domestic buildings will be set at an ‘E’ EPC rating.

The new EPC regulations will be introduced from 1st April 2018 and will require all eligible properties to be improved to a minimum standard. It will be unlawful to rent a property that does not meet the minimum energy efficiency standard (unless there is an exemption) and a penalty of up to £4,000 may be imposed for breaches.
How much does an EPC Cost?
EPC costs range from £40.00 with no vat – To get the best EPC cost, make sure you get the assessment completed directly rather than through an estate agent.

The price of your energy performance certificate will also depend on several factors regarding your property, such as the type of property you own and how many bedrooms it has. The location of your property and the area you live in can also affect the EPC cost.

You can get a quote from an accredited and DBS checked Domestic Energy Assessor with

EPC Prices start at £40
What will it tell me?
Energy Performance Certificates rate a home’s energy efficiency and environmental impact using a scale from A-G, with ‘A’ rated homes being the most efficient. It also provides suggestions on how to improve the rating which, in turn, will reduce the effects on the environment by cutting carbon emissions and save homeowners money on their fuel bills.

The certificate will contain details of the property, such as its location, age, size and condition, and these factors will be considered to provide energy saving recommendations that are tailored to the property. The average UK property falls into the D or E band.
How do I get an EPC?
The Energy Performance Certificate is produced by Domestic Energy Assessors. To find the best price for your EPC, you can (GETA QUOTE LINK.)All of the quotes we provide are from accredited Assessors.

Even if you are not planning to sell your property, an Energy Performance Certificate can give you an indication of the energy efficiency of your home and identify how it can be improved to save you money on your fuel bills.
Do I need an EPC?
An EPC is required for buildings that are to be sold, rented or built in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The EPC must be commissioned before the property is put on the market and it must be available to be shown to prospective buyers or tenants if requested. Bear in mind that those given 10 years ago will now need to be updated.

If you cannot produce an EPC at the time required, you could receive a fine.

There are, however, buildings that do not require an EPC, including:

· Places of worship

· Holiday accommodation and residential buildings used less than 4 months a year

· Industrial sites and workshops

· Buildings that are to be demolished

· Buildings intended to be used for less than 2 years

· Stand-alone buildings with less than 50 square metres of useful floor space.

Since January 2013, listed buildings are now also exempt from requiring an EPC, as significant alterations to the character and appearance of the buildings would have to occur to ensure compliance with the energy efficiency requirements.

Gas Safety Certificates

Who Has to Get a Gas Safety (CP12) Certificate?

UK landlords with gas appliances and fittings – including central heating, boilers and flues – must conduct an annual safety check conducted by a Gas Safe engineer. If you are unsure whether the Gas Safety Regulations Act (1998) applies to you, you can find out on the government’s Health And Safety Executive (HSE) website.

If you are a landlord however, it is very likely that these laws do apply to you. You must keep record of the safety check for two years and supply new tenants with a copy of the certificate before they move in and within 28 days of completing a new check.

Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)

£55 No VAT

  • Gas Safe Registered Engineer
  • Included Boiler & Gas Fire
  • Digitally Accessible Certificate
  • Only £15 per additional appliance
  • Lead Time from 2 Working Days

Boiler Service (With Gas Safety Certificate)

£37.50 NO VAT

  • Gas Safe Registered Engineer
  • Full Boiler service as recommended by manufacturer
  • Detailed Boiler Service Report

Electrical Safety Service

Your Duties as a Landlord

As a landlord, it is your legal duty to ensure all electrical equipment in your property is safe and maintained throughout the whole tenancy. This responsibility covers light fixtures and plugs, as well as internal wiring.

An electrical installation includes all fixed electrical equipment that is supplied through your property’s electricity meter. Just like other features of your property, electrical installations deteriorate and face wear and tear, so need to be properly maintained.

Failure to do so can lead to prosecution and also invalidates most landlord insurance policies. For the safety of your tenants and your business, it is important to get regularly electrical safety certification.

Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)

From £150, NO VAT

  • Recommended every 5 years
  • Digitally Accessible Certificate
  • Testing fuses & circuit breakers
  • Engineer compliant to carry out work in accordance with UK law

Tenancy Agreements

Protect your property with a tenancy agreement and inventory from £15

The tenancy agreement and inventory are the most important documents needed when setting up a tenancy and every landlord SHOULD ensure they HAVE one done before tenants move into their property. can get your tenancy agreement up and running within 10 minutes and will be sent via email immediately.

All we need to know is the full tenants names, contact numbers, the address of the property and finally the moving in date.

Having an inventory in place is vital and is a must with all properties, having one in place will protect your property from damages occurred by the tenants.

I’ve highly recommend having a inventory report in place which is signed by both parties to avoid any disputes upon a tenant leaving.

Inventory reports always recommends creating an inventory report and having this signed by all parties (landlord and tenants) on the move in date. As every deposit taken by a landlord must be registered with an approved scheme, giving the tenants right to dispute any deductions, a landlord must protect their asset by creating proof of the initial and end condition of the property. This can be done manually by the landlord, but we always recommend the use of inventory clerks where possible.

We will conduct a thorough inventory report that will include photographs and the condition of each rooms.

We have conducted 1000’s of tenancy agreements and inventory’s over the past 10 years.

Full inventory report from £35 depending on the property size.

Floor Plans

We provide a 1st class floor plan design service.

Professional Photography

From £25 NO VAT

  • Professional photographer
  • Potential house price increase
  • High end pro-level equipment
  • Delivered with no watermarks
  • Images are yours to keep, royalty free
  • Optimised for advertising online

Aerial Photography

From £25 NO VAT

  • Professional ‘birds eye view photos’
  • Potential house price increase
  • High end pro-level equipment
  • Delivered with no watermarks
  • Images are yours to keep, royalty free
  • Optimised for advertising online